How to buy PPE for your business.
There is no doubt that America’s businesses need PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. However, there is the concept of “not buying smart” and then the concept of “buying smart”.
How to buy PPPE for your business.
First thing, decide what PPE you need.
3 Ply masks: If you are a business that deals with the public you will most definitely need disposable 3ply masks. These inexpensive masks will prevent the vast amount of exposure to the virus to both staff and public. They are also a reasonably inexpensive insurance policy for covid.
Depending on how many you need and order the price can wildly fluctuate. I have seen them at almost $1 each (crazy!) and as low as 5 cents each. Call 1-888-880-2714 or email
KN95 masks: If you are a business that deals with an high intensity of exposure, let’s say you are niteclub or bar, you may want KN95. The problem for most businesses with KN95 is 2-fold. Firstly they are much harder to easily breathe through as they reduce 95% of all particulates.
In my personal opinion for the vast majority of you, you do not need or want KN95.
However, depending on how many you need and order the price can wildly fluctuate. I have seen them at just under $1 each (super good deal!) and as high as $2.88 each. Call 1-888-880-2714 or email
In my personal opinion these are idea for most businesses as they provide great protection and get your logo out and in front.
Once again, depending on how many you need and order the price can change. Call 1-888-880-2714 or email
75% Alcohol hand sanitizer, gel formula: This is very specific. It must be gel, it needs to be 75% denatured alcohol and it needs to be FDA approved. It’s that simple. We have several sizes, the MOST POPULAR being the 2 ounce.
Once again, depending on how many you need and order the price can change but currently we have these in stock in NY. Call 1-888-880-2714 or email
If your business sticks to these top ideas for business PPE you will be very well looked after. There are other ideas such as face shields, buffs, gaiters and more PPE. They all have their place in the PPE pantheon.
Second thing, decide who to source your PPE from.
As a business owner it is important you recognize that PPE is a consumable product. This means that you are going to need repeats and refills from time to time. As the availability and price of PPE is all over the map we strongly suggest the following.
- Avoid Amazon for PPE: It may be a good price but quality is “iffy” and the resellers may or may not have PPE when it comes time to repeat. The whole point of PPE is to have it on hand all the time. A week without masks is a way to “ruin everbody’s day!”
- Make sure the supplier is established: Simple concept really. Lots of scammers around these days so stick with someone you know or who is reputable.
- Talk to them on the phone: Let’s get old school and talk! You can tell a lot when you actually speak with someone. You will know if they are legit.
What NOT to buy. Useless PPE.
As in all Black Swan events there is always ” a lot of snake oil salesmen around”.
In this day and age there are a number of dubious PPE around. In my humble opinion the PPE to avoid include but are not limited to:
- UV lights: UV lights do work but any of these cheap handheld UV lights will only lighten your pocketbook, not your virus load. Read more.
- Respirator masks: Unless your business is in the business of testing viruses for a health laboratory spending money on a true respirator mask is unneeded. Save your money.
What have we learned that can be of help to you?
We have been sourcing products for America’s B2b world for over 20 years. In all of that time we have dealt with some challenging times, supply chain issues and more. We have learned to think before we act and listen before we speak. In this experience we can honestly say that we can supply you with your PPE needs, realiably and efficiently. Sounds like a good idea? Call 1-888-880-2714 or email